The Lesbian Lion

Upping the Sassitude Factor: A Leather & Lace Kind of Day

Leather & Lace. When I slipped into this dress, immediately, I was love struck. The soft, delicate fabric, the femininity of the lace, it was all right up my alley. The dress by itself was fabulous but I felt a little trapped in a younger age by it... Thus, I sought to edge it up. What better way to do this than to add a (faux) leather jacket?! That's right, there isn't a better way to perfectly contrast this girly dress than with the sassy attitude (sassitude, if you will) of a faux leather wonder! Except perhaps with a real leather jacket... but that won't be happening for moi anytime soon!

To keep my sassitude pumping I opted for a pair of black suede heels and these beautiful Vera Wang earrings that give off an array of vibes, glamorous, edgy, cool... I know, I was sold on those adjectives, too. Do any of you shop at Kohl's? If you don't, then you should! I used to be far from a fan of the store, the juniors section has hardly appealed to me. But then something amazing happened! Okay, not so amazing but nonetheless awesome, I journeyed to the Misses section and I discovered the motherlode. They have some really fabulous stuff over there, the Kohl's collections of Vera Wang, Jennifer Lopez, ELLE, Lauren Conrad, Rock & Republic, and whatever else. I normally don't dig when designers put out lower-end collections, they just seem like not enough time went into the design or the construction, they feel a bit cheap. However, this time is different! Everything is fantastic, Vera Wang's flowy dresses and cardigans, her perfectly structured handbags and glistening jewelry--especially the jewelry, I'm kind of obsessed. Jennifer Lopez has some really chic clothing and handbags, while some of it can border on being too mature for myself, the cuts and shapes of the clothing are just so flattering and fresh! Lauren Conrad's line is more casual, it has that effortless Cali girl feel. Rock & Republic is edgy and has some killer jeans. ELLE puts out the latest trends and feminine pieces--mostly tops from what I've seen. Even the Kohl's commercials are better!

Anyway, I have dubbed Kohl's officially AWESOME and I can't wait for my next escapade!

Earrings: Simply Vera Vera Wang
Clutch: Wet Seal
Jacket: Joujou
Dress: H&M
Shoes: Steve Madden

GET THE LOOK:
The Feminine Lace Dress
The Perfect Black Pumps
The Glamorous Earrings
The Edgy Jacket