The Lesbian Lion

Oxblood: Fall Trend to Winter Staple

Oxblood. I know I'm a little late jumping on this fall color trend bandwagon but here it is, the fabulous and trendy Oxblood! I must say that I really like this color and the versatility of it. Like most "fall colors" Oxblood can be easily translated into winter outfits. The deepness of the red pairs nicely with black and because this top is slouchy, I wanted to add clean lines and structure--obviously I chose a blazer! Blazers make everything so put together and dress up any outfit. Cinch in the waist with a wide black belt to keep the look interesting, flattering, and chic. A fringe necklace keeps the look from going too old and tights and closed-toe heels make this look winter-ready! If you don't have a heavy enough blazer to brave the chilly days ahead, a neutral pea coat will do.

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? I did, thanks for asking! I spent the better half of the week in Arizona, 80 degrees--beautiful! I love the warmth but I'm not a very big fan of Arizona... The whole time I miss my mountain air, there I feel like I'm inhaling dirt and smoke and whatever else is floating around, mixing with my precious oxygen! I just don't dig the Phoenix smog... I've never been to any other part of the state so I can't really speak for the rest of it. My boyfriend loves Tucson so I need to see I need to see it for myself. Anyway, I love visiting family on holidays, the food is just fantastic. For the very first time I had that green bean casserole deal and OH MY GOLLY it was superb. I can't believe I've never had it before... I think I've just seen it and said "gross" and moved on. Now I can't keep my hands off the left-overs and I'm already planning a grocery trip... I may be developing a problem... I also had my first turkey in half a year! It was on my list of things I couldn't eat--I had a blood test done to tell me which foods may be enhancing Fibromyalgia pain--and it was SO not worth the wait. Why does deli sliced turkey taste so much better? It does to me anyway. I'm stoked to have it again though!

PIE. I knew I shouldn't have much (if ANY!) since I'm not supposed to have much sugar (confused? see here) so I just gazed at the two pies--apple and pumpkin--longingly. As much as I tried to keep away, I found myself wandering near the dang pies again and at last I gave in. I thought to myself "It's Thanksgiving, I can eat some pie this once!" and I did, a slice of pumpkin, a little slice of apple... and another slice of pumpkin. Oh well, I've been so good about my sugar intake lately--I'll cut myself a little slack.

So tell me dear readers, what did you do for Thanksgiving? Which pies were you drooling over? Tell me all about it in the comments below!

Blazer, Skirt, & Necklace: Charlotte Russe
Heels: Steve Madden
Belt: Body Central
Top: Forever 21