The Lesbian Lion

Fall Leaves and Pleated Skirts

Fall Leaves and Pleated Skirts. I love love love Fall! I love the perfect not too cold/not too hot weather and the gorgeous colors of the leaves. I was sincerely disappointed this year, though. Our Fall lasted about 2 weeks! The leaves were suddenly orange and yellow and beautiful and then a couple weeks later snow and wind swept in and ruined all of it! I could at least get the Fall leaves for two outfit posts! I'm in love with the shadows in these photos, with the bright yellow leaves it makes for a really intriguing shot!

I'm becoming more and more infatuated with pleated skirts lately so when I saw this Forever 21 skirt (on clearance--win!) I knew I had to have it! There's actually a somewhat funny story that goes along with getting this skirt... Whenever I go to Forever 21, there's always this huge, ridiculous line to get into the dressing rooms. It's especially frustrating because they have an entire other set of dressing rooms on the other side of the store that is never open! Not cool, Forever 21 staff. Anyway, so I somehow missed this skirt when I initially searched the store and spotted it after I paid and was on my way out. It was love at first sight but the thought of waiting another half an hour for a dressing room and even longer to pay and leave, made me want to leave it right then and there. But the skirt cried, No! Don't leave me, I belong in your closet! And I just had to listen to it, I mean, it was right of course. So what did I do? I went to a part of the store with a mirror and zero shoppers, I pulled it on quick over my clothes and thank goodness, the size I grabbed fit! Employees kept looking at me, thinking I was trying to steal it and of course a bunch of shoppers kept coming by, that's always how it goes, it's like people are drawn to wherever you're at! Thankfully, no one came and yelled at me but I did feel rather silly and a little embarrassed but you know what, I got my skirt.

I love how there are horizontal stripes on this skirt, I feel it really compliments the pleating and adds a lot of visual interest. Because the widest stripe is on top, I decided on wearing a sequin printed top, to keep the outfit from looking too plain. A neutral studded belt and comfy cardigan make this look perfect for any Fall day!

Skirt, Belt: Forever 21
Top: Charlotte Russe
Cardigan: H&M
Pumps: Steve Madden