The Lesbian Lion

Christmas Decoration Time

Happy Monday all. In the aim to avoid Cyber Monday ( arh, all my favourites with discounts!) I am focusing on Christmas. The advent candles have been lit, the decorations are in a pile waiting to go but I think it's time for a new look for us here. I just need to decide on a theme, do we go Scandinavian, red, white and neutral with lots of home made touches? Do we go retro traditional, sparkly and mutli coloured? Do we choose a couple of colours and go chic? This is what we have done for the past few years, mostly silver and white which I like but I feel it's time to add a bit more Christmas spirit to the mix.

I am feeling some crafting days coming on and as usual Pinterest has lots of inspiration and DIY tips, below are a few ideas that I will be trying out once I have my ideas sorted and crafting supplies.

A great fun wreath to make form Tatertots And Jello.

Simple displays of tree baubles in bowls or under a glass cloche are always a winner, as shown by the endlessly clever Martha Stewart.

Finnish Star hanging decorations made by Maggie Makes with links on how to make your own, I think these are a must for me this year.

And garlands of all styles and how to make them over at A Beautiful Mess, these are wonderful and once I have my theme I will be making lots of these.

So what is your Christmas look, I am learning towards the Scandinavian look as it will work with what I already have and allows me to get crafty as they are big on the home made decorations.

Right now that's sorted time to make some paper snowflakes I think. Oh how I love this! I hope your Mondays are going well and your purses are not hurting too much already.

See you soon friends. ax