The Lesbian Lion

New Things From My Travels

Well the sales were on in England and I managed to pick up a few bargains, so I have spent the morning playing around with set ups for pretty pictures. It is very hot work but I am quiet pleased with the results, what do you think?

New plimsolls from the children's department in TK Maxx, so preppy cute.

I am in love with this navy full skirt from Primark, I am thinking 60's Riviera chic.

Primark sandals with green stones, so cheerful and comfortable.

Now I have always wanted a skirt with a little net underneath and this has it all including the pretty Venetian scene so for £5 it had to be mine, even if I only do the washing up in it whilst channelling Doris Day. This skirt makes me so very happy.

Now this deco tea cup and plate where picked up at my mum's local car boot sale for £3.50 and they are so pretty with small dots in bone china, I feel a tea party for one coming up. I also got the little pot on the same stall for 30p and it is perfect to hold my rings in. I have had great fun setting up little vignettes with these all morning, and then seeing what Picnik can do to them.

Can you believe that it is July 1st already, time is flying this year and this also means the sales start here today, but I will wait a week for all the 70% to come into action and see what I can find. Are you all fans of the sales, or are you just waiting for all the new stuff to come in? I tend to aim for classic pieces that will work for the coming year rather than the high fashion bits that will date, what's your sale shopping strategy?

Happy Friday friends and to all of you that have a long weekend in your sites, have a wonderful weekend. ax

All images by me.