The Lesbian Lion

Dream Home

One of our favourite things to do is play dream house, where we decorate rooms in the house we would one day love to own. We have even been know to sketch out floor plans on the beach. So I have decided to plan and source photos and make a collage of a room each week until my dream house is complete.

I have always been a lover of sheds, many hours were spent as a child playing in them. I have even been known to make curtains for them. In my childhood wendy houses were plastic frames with a nylon cover, now they are solid wood with window boxes and a mezzanine. The adult version of these has also moved on to amazing summer houses and studio/offices, oh how I still long for one. So they first room to be dreamed of is a summer house where I can craft, blog or dream to my hearts content.


images, Didier Delmas for Viva Deco Magazine

It was really hard to choose, but as money was no object in dreaming, I went big. Including a wood burning stove for those chilly days. These other images from Viva Deco I have been carrying around for years, a whole row of little houses with different rooms in each...Heaven. What do you think, do you also dream of a space of your own?

Images, martha stewart 2,5. Pottery Barn 4,6,9. GBC group, Malvern range 3,7.

I am very sorry but I can not find where the first image is from, if anyone knows please let me know. Thanks