The Lesbian Lion

Project #32 Completed!

So maybe deadlines aren't my thing? But, I finally finished this coat yesterday and have a bit of time to post it up today :

I think it came out alright, but the big thing is the fact that it doesn't fit! I'm so mad about it! It was actually one of the more expensive things I've made, and I can't even wear it.. Lame! Hahha.

I think it's interesting.. And I do like the buttons and zipper mixture. I think it definitely has a military feel, as well.

Project #32 Stats:
Supplies to make this dress : Gray suiting fabric, metal jacket zipper, metal circle buttons
Total Cost to make this dress : ~$9.00
Total Time to make this dress : ~5 hours

Who knew jacket zippers were so expensive? Haha. It was a surprise to me when I checked out! So, since it doesn't fit, I'm definitely ripping this one apart at some point and stealing that zipper! I want a trench coat! There may be a way to salvage it too. If I have enough fabric, I could cut the side seams and just install more fabric, and create a side seam block, which could be kind of cool. Something to think about? You live (or sew) and you learn!

A LOOK INTO THE FUTURE:

I met with my sister for a fitting yesterday, and yes, she is going to wear Project #31! Also, expect a little treat tomorrow.