The Lesbian Lion

Going Back To Work

Well hello people, the husband is home for a few weeks and then back off to sea, but this time I am going to join him. Yes, you heard correct I am going back to work, for the summer anyway. My head is spinning a bit as I have been off for a couple of years and we can no longer pack our life into two bags and head into the sunset. Hehe we have got a lot of stuff these days including Poppy our lovely dog. To give me some peace of mind we are going to get a house and pet sitter so I don't have to pack up the house or farm poor Poppy out, have you ever used a house sitter before? I have found a great site and am sorting our our ad this week.

To the fun part this is the boat we will be running this summer, yes its a power boat but when you suffer from sea sickness like me, getting places quickly is a bonus and sailing in the med has been describe as "motoring between gales". Hehe you must have a sense of humour at all times!

I love a bunny pit on the aft deck.

With another on the front, which always leaves a few guest rather pink as you never know how much sun your getting with the wind and spray.

The interior is open and bright but luckily has aircon as that sun can really warm a room. I am loving those clean lines from a cleaning point of view, hopefully will not have to get the cotton buds outs to clean the fiddly bits. (Yes, this has been done before).

This is where I will be spending most of my time, the galley. This one is good, lots of storage and counter space including a dishwasher, woohoo. It really doesn't take much to make me happy.

Our tradition is new job, new sunnies (when you spend 24/7 in uniform you need something) and I am liking these from J Crew and those deckies are cute, although I have seen some gold ones...

So back to wearing shorts and polo shirts everyday, that match my hubby's (the shame) and some very dodgy tan lines. I will of course mix in a few stripes as I am a sailor after all.

I am not off for a month or so, I am still sewing and will get some pictures now the captains home and I will keep blogging with all our summer adventures.

Happy Monday friends, are you off on any new adventures? ax

Images: daychartergreece, yachtbooker, and jcrewing.