The Lesbian Lion

Project #25 Completed!

This one is a bit hard to photograph. I will try in the morning to get better pictures, but here's what I got.

So, the fabric : Like I said before, it's see-through.. I mean, ideally, it wouldn't be, but I really liked the fabric, and wanted to try working with something a little different. It's hard to tell from the photos but.. There are felt-ish polka dots around it, as well as glitter. So it's a bit shiny/metallic and much less drab than the pictures are showing. (And yes, polka dots again.. It was bought on the same day as the green dress.. I guess I was in a mood.)

I kind of like the way it turned out.. I like how on the hips it creates a more dramatic/pronounced effect. I took pictures of the garment alone, then tried to give the effect of what something under it might look like :



Overall, this is not one of my favorite executions/use of fabrics.. but I still stand by the design.. I may try something like this again in the near future.

Also, it's hard to get the true idea from the dressform.. I swear, one day my sister will model these. As for now, I'm stuck in my little apartment in Philadelphia, sewing away!

Very excited for my next design! The fabric is fun!