The Lesbian Lion

New Name, New Look, New Me

Right now I'm turning over a new leaf and I want my blog to reflect that.

This summer I decided that I can't let my Fibromyalgia hold me back anymore, and I can't let myself hold me back either. Unfortunately, if we sit around just waiting for things to change, only hoping they'll get better, it's highly unlikely that they will.

So instead of hiding behind my condition, drawing the line at supposed limitations, and using it as an excuse to talk myself out of new or difficult things. I'm going to start living my life.

Because sitting alone in my basement doing online classes isn't living to me. Because lying down on a heating pad and resting my days away isn't living to me. Because never having any plans, any friends, any social interactions (outside of my boyfriend & family--thank goodness for them), or any place to go isn't living for anyone.

So this Fall I'm making a change. I'm going to class. I'm making plans. I'm going to Colorado Fashion Week and I'm not going to fear back pain from sitting in an uncomfortable chair for too long. I'm going to push myself to do something new (& terrifying) by competing in the Miss Colorado USA pageant and I'm not going to be afraid of hurting too much to compete, having a look of pain on stage, or not being able to hold my arms up long enough to do my hair. I'm going to sorority recruitment week and I'm going to socialize.

I'm taking steps to become the person I want to be instead of settling for this frail and lonely shell of myself.

And I want my blog to do the same. That's why I changed the name.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have like the new name.
I have some great things in store for you on A Touch of Glam!