The Lesbian Lion

Project #32 : Zipped Button Trench Coat

It has been (what seems like) forever since I've updated this thing! I'm just starting to get into the swing of things and juggling school (+lots of homework), work, and this project! So, it may have put me a little bit more behind.. But I'm determined to make it work!

Anyway.. The inspiration for this coat comes from a trip to the Philadelphia Museum. The museum is very nice.. I was actually pretty surprised by it. (Check it out if you can!) But anyway.. I was walking around a noticed this little waistcoat..

I envisioned what it must have been like when people hand crafted all of the garments worn.. And when people who opulent clothing every day..

Anyway.. I loved the shape of the little waistcoat.. It reminded me of a trench coat. So that's what I'm making. I guess it's because I really need one for fall (MENSWEAR again!) And I like the idea of trying out buttons and visible zippers as accents. And pairing more shape on a menswear garment.

I'm going to try to make this one quickly.. But we'll see how long it takes! I promise it will be done, at the latest, by Monday!