The Lesbian Lion

Project #30 : Three Notch Jacket

As I said in my last post, I'm going back to menswear with this one! Mostly because, I want to wear this jacket.

I've created something like this design before.. It was actually my first project ever, and the only one I tried last year before kicking it into overdrive and beginning this blog. It was made for my sister, however, the measurements were all off, it was an awful fit, and the sewing was a bit of a mess.. So I'm going back to it.. And making it for me! I loved the design.. And would definitely want to own a jacket like this.

I get a sailor vibe from the design, and the high neck is a bit military. I think it's interesting, and I always think jackets/coats are THE essential pieces, especially for the upcoming seasons. Also, everyone should know, I LOVE plaid and a flannel.. And that's what this jacket will be made out of.

Well, I want to get sewing straight away this morning.. So, enjoy your days!