The Lesbian Lion

Orange Stripes & Sunshine
fashion, photography, style, clothing, trends

Orange Stripes & Sunshine. After a morning of business idea brain storming with my dad (one of our favorite conversation topics) and strong winds, I finally squeezed in a few shots of this gorgeous orange & blue color combination. The winds made the picture-taking a bit tricky for sure, they weren't a blow-your-hair-like-a-supermodel-and-make-you-feel-fabulous soft breeze, they were a hardcore 30 mph make-you-want-to-stay-inside kind of breeze. But nonetheless, the monster wind had gaps that were bearable an good for picture taking! I was a little perturbed that I spent extra time on my hair though. NOTE: Always look out the window before you decide it's a day to do your hair!

Back to the clothes. So this summer I'm all about experimenting with new color combos, styles, and prints, and I made that a point when I went shopping last week. When I walked into Forever 21 my eyes immediately went to this skirt, the colors are so vivid and I loved the stripes--I don't have anything remotely like it in my entire wardrobe. I also found this beautiful blue necklace on my trip as well (at H&M). I've been on the lookout for a great summer statement necklace for awhile now and this beauty fit the bill (As did a few others you'll be seeing in coming posts)! I'm just so crazy about the turquoise color, it would make even the simplest outfit look stylish! I especially love how it looks with a white top like the one in the pictures shown here, it just pops!

Because the rest of the outfit is so eye-catching, I kept the shoes simple & sweet and even nixed them for a few grass shots. For someone who loves shoes so much, you'd be surprised at how quickly they're thrown aside when there's a gorgeous carpet of green grass nearby!

Styling Tips for Bright Color Combinations:

Keep the number of colors to a minimum. I recommend using only two different colors because it balances out the look and they compliment each other instead of competing with each other for your eyes' attention. Also make sure to include a neutral, like I did with the white top here, to break up the brightness. You could use any piece as this neutral--even shoes or an accessory!

fashion, forever 21, summer color, H&M, skirt, necklace

I wasn't so sure about using this picture... I felt like I might look like a contemporary version of that hilarious lamp in A Christmas Story! So when you think about it that way, I can't not post it...

Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Steve Madden (similar here)
Necklace: H&M

Thanks so much for reading, I hope you'll be back again soon!

If you like The Urban Lioness, follow on Bloglovin!
If you love The Urban Lioness, check us out here too:
Twitter
Facebook
Google Friend Connect

If you... you know what? We'll just stop at love.
This might get weird.