The Lesbian Lion

1940's Dreaming

I have just seen this lovely 1940's fashion story from Vogue Australia's September issue over on Fashion Gone Rogue, and thought I would share it with you. Although the clothes do not do my figure any favours the styling and muted colours are right up my ally. Retro, but not in a wearing a costume way, which I think can be a problem when embracing another era. I do love the glamour of the 1940's but am still a 70's girl at heart, but the 70's were very heavily influenced by earlier eras.

This look is my favourite, the colours and style of the dress, with that hair and make up are so sexy but also so understated, as not much skin on show. A perfect balance.

These boxy shapes are not for everyone, me included but you can take inspiration with the colour palette and detailing. I am loving the softer hair rolls and will be digging out some combs later and a look at a few tutorials on you tube (this one is so easy and make work for over night curls too, look.) for a try myself and maybe a play around with my make up. All of a sudden I am looking forward to autumn, what do you think?

Photographs by Eric Guillemain, model Barbara Palvin, styled by Naomi Smith. Images via fashion gone rogue.