The Lesbian Lion

Autumn Days = 70's Style

Autumn is finally starting to creep in here with cooler nights, bright and breezy days so my thoughts turn to "what do I wear now?" When I picture autumn days I always see the best of the glamorous 70's, cosy knits, snug blazers and sweeping capes all in those wonderful autumnal colours of berry, rust and deep greens. So I was very happy to find these photos over at Fashion Gone Rogue, of a shoot from Elle Belgium that made all my ideas comes to life, I feel inspired, do you?

These colours are amazing and that knitted cape is one of the best I have ever seen.

Neutrals always look better next to some colour.

Play with cosy textures to add depth to your layers.

Keep shapes slim and add a skinny belt for definition.

Instead on a woolly hat, try a patterned silk scarf with a strong colour palette.

And never forget your accessories, they can change the look of any outfit from dull to fabulous.

I had a very successful shopping trip on Saturday so you will be seeing some new looks from me over the coming weeks. All I need to do now is give the Capitan a few photography lessons, as all the skills he did have seem to have gone overboard over the summer.

I hope your weeks have got off to a good start and I will see you all later in the week. Take care and try something new, you never know what may happen. ax

Images: Fashion Gone Rogue