The Lesbian Lion

Project #12 Completed!

Well, that was the longest break ever. I got behind on this project, and then I ended up just doing all 3 of my next projects lumped together and I figured I'd just update all at once.

Let's start off with Project #12! Ahh, the elephant print. This really didn't come out as I wanted it too. There were a few issues, mainly that I didn't have enough fabric to do all that I wanted to do. You'll notice a lack of a real collar because of that. I had to make it ghetto-ly.. Because I didn't know what else to do with it.

I really think if I had got the fabric I intended, it could have been really nice.. But hey, I'll work with it. It's also a lot heavier than I thought it'd be.

This was more expensive than anything I've done, I think.. And considering it's not one of my favorites, that sucks. Haha. It was about $11.00 worth of materials, and I really don't remember how long it took to make.. I'd say.. Umm.. Probably between 4-5 hours.

I won't describe much of what I did, because it's pretty typical. I did, however, get to try my first pocket! I really wasn't sure how to go about it.. So I put a slit in the fabric and sewed the fabric inside out around the slit and then added a pocket shaped piece to that slit.. Or something like that. Haha. But I did learn a bit from that.. I'd do it a bit different next time.. Mainly, making a circular shape to go around the slit instead of two pieces, etc.. And it will probably come out better.

Yeah.. So I thought it'd go together with that skirt.. Not so much. I'll post the picture anyway though, so you can see.

I wouldn't recommend two shiny fabrics like these works together, especially when both being fabrics. It's too much. I mean.. It might work in the right lighting.. But.. Yeah.. I mean.. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen..

So, overall, not my favorite, more pricy than I'm used to, and meh. But I tried! I mean.. It's pretty well made?