The Lesbian Lion

Project #10: Twisted Abstract Dress

Jeesh, I haven't updated in a while. I was struggling to even do this entry, but it had to be done.. Because I don't want to finish my dress before even announcing it!

But these projects are getting much more exciting! Basically because they can be worn by different people and have a purpose.. haha.

I've already started it.. and.. it's having its issues.. But.. I think I'm going to make it work with a concrete design. It took me a while to really come up with what I wanted to go for, but this is it:

Sorry for the bad picture again.. I forgot how to draw what I mean to..

Materials:
- Black and White Circle Charmeuse Satin Fabric
- Dusk Taffeta
- 1 Black Zipper

First off, the main fabric is so fab, and completely reminds me of my muse for this dress: Erica Simon! This dress is meant to be a tribute to her art, and inspired by her upcoming senior gallery display.

Also, have you ever seen taffeta? It's a mess.. But I kind of love it. It's only being used to break up the crazy fabric a little bit. When I ordered that fabric, I had originally thought it was going to be a lot more gray.. But it's actually a combination of a tannish color and blue.. and changes depending on where the light hits it (what's the word for that effect?) But I feel like it works well with the dress.

It should be finished by tonight, but I'm giving myself extra time to finish if I can't because tomorrow is cancelled out since it's Scranton's big parade.

Hopefully update later or Sunday and maybe have a picture of me in my ghetto cardigan?