The Lesbian Lion

Project #5 Completed!

This was by far the most time consuming piece I've done yet. I think it's sort of interesting. The turtle neck may have been overkill.. But I did it before I remembered that I was putting buttons on the front. Also, I wish I had made the panels on the bottom a little bit smaller to be even more figure friendly.. But hey.. I do like it though. This was another successful fit too. I think it will fit my sister well, especially because it stretched.. she may have trouble with the neck though.. I'm not sure if her head will be able to fit through the sewn hole.. But I can fix that if not.

Even if nothing else, the best thing ever happened during this dress' creation.. I have a slevelation! Or sleeve revelation.. And my brain finally clicked.. and I finally figured out how to make a nice sleeve, both fit-wise and seam-wise. So happy about it!

So, I'll be taking some advice, and.. announce projects on Sundays and have them finished on Saturdays.. Or so I hope. And if it's not finished on Saturday.. I will show the progress I made.. But still complete it.. You know, to make it more Project Runway, and to add that pressure.

I think it's going to be a challenge to do this, but I also think my schedule allows for me to sew, as long as I keep ahead of my work and work hard. ..We'll see how it goes as I get further into the semester.

Anyway, I honestly have no idea what my next project is going to be.. so that's my goal for the day. I have fabrics, but no real ideas of what I can use them for, as they are kind of couch-y. Anyway, I want to make them work.. So back to the drawing board!