The Lesbian Lion

Guggenheim Dress



Whenever I actually find some time, I should probably just be relaxing.. But I can't! I feel so neglectful of this blog, but it's really no
t my fault! Sooo.. Since I have a few weeks off of school, I'm going to update it at least until September!

During my summer course, I was given a project to take architecture as an inspiration, and design anything we wanted. She said I could use fabrics, so I was super excited to finally be creating an article of clothing for class!

I looked at a few fun buildings as a muse.. But ultimately I went with this:

The super cool looking Guggenheim New York!

Sooo.. I came up this fun design that spoke to all of the elements that appealed to me : black/white.. the roundness.. tiers..

And came up with this:

I used a very light gold on the top, because I thought it needed some color, but also still relate to the bottom.. I sprayed those layers with starch 3 times, so it would stay standing. And I created the pattern on the bottom using different fabrics.

I'll post more pictures of it later.. Just wanted to update this blog! I had a lot of fun with that project and got an A.. So that's good? Hahaa.

Working on something for a friend to wear next Friday.. Update soon!