The Lesbian Lion

Project #5: Vertical Stripe Buttoned Sweater Dress

This design steams from a section based on sweater dresses. Originally, I was trying to get knitting down and wanted to create these, but then realized that would just take way too long, and I didn't think it was really worth my time.. Isn't knitting for relaxation? Because it was definitely just more frustrating.. I mean, I got down the motions, but the time? Nah, I'm not patient enough for that.

So, I decided I would buy some type of knitted fabric and try to go from there.

Now, the design I'm going for isn't exactly like the picture.. I'm discarding the middle design with the ladder-like fabric because I don't think I have the right tools for that.. Though I severely love it.

Biggest goal here is once again to try mastering sleeves. I'm really going to concentrate hard on it to get that perfect fit. Also, I think working with a knit fabric will be interesting.

Now to materials:
- 2x1 Rib Knit Off White Fabric
- 2x1 Rib Knit Mushroom Fabric
- 2x1 Rib Knit Espresso Fabric
- Three 7/8" Genuine Wood Buttons (LOVE THEM!)

I'm think it's going to be a similar process as the previous one with top and bottom pieces and sewing them together.. But hopefully it's a little bit more clean.

Might start tonight, definitely will have some done tomorrow!

This is when it all gets tricky with completing project.. School is back in session Monday. (My last semester, YES!) But I hope to work hard and manage it all!