The Lesbian Lion

Summer Leather & Rose Gold

Michael Kors Watch & Leather for Summer. I've never really been a hat person. In fact, I used to dread even wearing a baseball cap to hiking or to a game! I found this floppy black hat in the back of my closet (I've been doing a little belated spring cleaning) and decided that it was time that I incorporated it into an outfit! It just so happened that a cold front was moving through and that leather leggings look summer-chic with an over-sized cream-colored blouse & a piece of head flair!

(...I know. I just said head flair. It was the first thing that came to mind and it actually made me laugh out loud at how unbelievably cheesy it sounds--like when those articles in fashion magazines decide to make regular things like hats sound a lot more glamorous than they actually are!)

My favorite part of this look is the Michael Kors watch. It's pretty ridiculous that that wasn't the very first thing I mentioned in this article because I'm so insanely excited about it! I got it for my 18th birthday a few months ago (OK, a lot more than just a few) and it's been sitting in its little display box on my dresser for me to admire every single day. I'm a HUGE fan of Michael Kors, I think everything he designs is just gorgeous. Especially his watches! I've ogled at them forever and just about had a heart attack when I saw that beautiful brown box engraved with "Michael Kors" in my gift bag! I couldn't even believe my eyes. It's seriously the most beautiful thing I've ever seen let alone owned!

Because I love it so much I've been hesitant to wear it, fearing a nick or a scratch on its rose-gold perfection. I finally got the nerve to wear it out to dinner though and here it is, my gorgeous little MK gem! I hope you like it as much as I do--you'll be seeing it in a lot more posts to come!

How to Wear Leather in the Summer:

Leather in the summer is tricky because it's hot (obviously) and it doesn't necessarily fit the season as well as it does with the others. I chose leather-paneled leggings because they're lighter than leather pants and because there's cotton fabric mixed in, it's not so brutal to wear in the sun. I did wear this during a cold front and later in the day so of course that also helped minimize heat. If you do want to wear leather when its warmer opt for a pair of shorts or a skirt or better yet, bottoms with a liquid/leather-looking finish. Make sure to pair it with a pair of eye-catching modern shoes & a light breezy top and you're all set for looking chic in leather this summer!

Blouse: Forever 21
Leggings: Express
Shoes: Moda Spana
Hat: Charlotte Russe (old)
Watch: Michael Kors

Thanks for reading!

Don't miss a single stylish post & follow on Bloglovin!