The Lesbian Lion

Stopping Traffic
fashion, style, dress, Express, neon orange, summer outfit

Stopping Traffic. Bright? That's an understatement. When I ordered this Express dress online a few weeks ago I had no idea it would be crossing-guard orange, the picture showed a pretty mango color! At first I really didn't like the color, I've never been much of a fan of neon, but it grew on me. Not to mention the hoots and howls from teenage boys with summer landscaping jobs, that definitely doesn't hurt... A little positive reassurance that it was a good choice keeping it ;)

I think the bright orange is really awesome for summer. It's playful and fun, and really shows off a tan (if you're lucky enough to have one that is!) The gold jewelry really plays off the color nicely since both the gold and orange are warm tones. The gold feels more summery to me than silver anyway!

On a (much) more dull note, summer classes have started and I can't say I'm excited. Learning about anthropology/pre-history isn't really my cup of tea but then again, neither is any other history class. I know it's important to know about history but the tiny details and dates just drive me up the wall. My introductory interior design course should be another story though, that one will be interesting and hopefully fun!

Want to wear neon this summer? Here are my tips:

Don't go overboard, one clothing item or a couple of matching neon accessories is usually enough to add that fun, bright touch without overwhelming your entire outfit. Note that a pair of neon shoes, even if worn with just a tee and jeans, takes your entire outfit into the style stratosphere and creates a trendy look without taking all of the attention off of you. So please, for the love of Vogue, don't wear head to toe neon!

fashion, style, dress, Express, neon orange, summer outfit
fashion, style, dress, Express, neon orange, summer outfit
fashion, style, dress, Express, neon orange, summer outfit

Dress: Express (40% off here!)
Shoes: Steve Madden (similar here)
Jewelry: H&M

Thanks so much for reading!

If you like The Urban Lioness follow on Bloglovin & Twitter!