The Lesbian Lion

#PFW - February 28th Review

Paris Fashion Week is here! I expect to be wowed every single day of these shows, and I’m so excited about it! The fashion show season may be dwindling down, but there is plenty still to come!

Aganovich:

The fact that I responded so highly to Aganovich’s shows how great it is. It’s completely not my normal taste, but I couldn’t look away from it! It’s bulky and a little simple, but there’s something so pure and interesting about it; an elegance I can’t explain. The bulk is just right and the polished nature of the looks really pulls it all together. There’s almost a sense of 60’s linearity, mixed with a monochrome palate; and it just looks really pretty. Colorless beauty!

Anthony Vaccarello:

Vaccarello’s collection has an extremely urban feel, but maintains a chicness that can’t be duplicated. There are extreme lines and cut outs but they’re tasteful without being boring! It starts out super strong and covered up (some daytime looks), and quickly, the models start losing all of their clothes! Who wants to be covered up at night? This girl is definitely one who works hard, but plays way harder! I love the progression of this collection, and I think the lines and asymmetry are really going to translate into nightwear soon! I love the touch of metallic, gorgeous! Day to night perfection!

Fatima Lopes:

Throw reds with black and white, and I’m pretty much sold but Lopes' show is so much more than that. It's really fun and has a sexy, cool, and alternative vibe. It has super great color blocking, tons of leather and lace and fur, and plenty of interesting textiles to last through the show! I love the style of the models; these are super interesting girls! There is an old Spanish mixed with Asian mixed with dominatrix vibe; maybe not all connected in their own rights, but in this collection, they work perfectly beautiful together! That’s my favorite thing about inspiration, and I think that’s how designers become so different; they mix and match inspiration to create something new. I love the solids and patterns mixed, as well as the beautiful colors! It’s just all so cool and pretty! Multi-inspired excellence!

[All images courtesy of FASHIONISING]