The Lesbian Lion

#PFW - February 29th Review

Wow! I think I want to say that these Top 3 shows are the best overall group from one day of any fashion week this season! Unbelievably great shows! So interesting, yet still sellable.

Dries Van Noten:

This collection starts with a beautiful blue and golden palate, with tons of blocking and embroidery. The details are really awesome, and the clothes are cut beautifully. It then moves to bolder colors and patterns. You can see this can evolve commercial clothing. It’s so interesting, but still so wearable. I love the colors and I love the prints that take this collection to the next level. Commercially interesting!

Rochas:

Rochas’ collection is reminiscent of Marc Jacob’s 70’s inspired SS 2011 collection (which was flawless!) And I don’t think it’s a bad thing. There’s still a special twist to it and the colors are flawless. I love the sleek silhouettes, and perfect lines. It’s so hippie chic and earthy. This girl rolls around in fields by herself, and I love it! It has pretty accessories to match. It’s just got such a great feel! Autumn, to me, is very demure, earthy, beautiful, chilly; and it is really represented in this collection. An old feel for the modern woman, and it’s so stunning! Old American classics!

Thierry Mugler:

Oh, the drama that is Mugler! This collection is so satisfying! I love the bionic feel, mixed with the pure whites and dark blacks and BOLD pops! The clothes make a body look better, and the multitude of cut outs are so interesting! It’s so daring, bold, and interesting; and I wouldn’t expect anything less from a Mugler show! I love the mix of structure and lines with the deconstruction and fringe. It’s just so perfect! I wish fashion could always be so beautifully odd. Bionic beauty!

Honorable Mention:

Rue Du Mail – Interesting lines, cut outs, prints and palate! Definitely worth a look!

[All images courtesy of FASHIONISING]