The Lesbian Lion

D.I.Y Time - Little Bunny

Hello darlings, and happy sunny Friday to you all. Can you believe that it is March already? Another year is just whizzing by.

I recently became an Aunty again to another little girl and I wanted to make something rather than buy, so I took a look at my D.I.Y board on Pinterest and came up with this lovely little bunny from Revoluzzza. I made it from bits I had at home, the fabric is an old shirt that just never fit well and the stuffing came from Poppy's old dog bed. (When she upgraded to a bigger bed, she decided to rip the old one up! I knew keeping all that stuffing would pay off.)

How cute is bunny? The hardest part was trying to get a nice face, they can so easily turn slightly demonic...Hehe. The little heart was added with fabric from an old bra and stitched free hand on the machine.

The patten called for a flat tail, but a bunny needs a fluffy tail, so with another handy tip from Pinterest I made a tiny pompom. The tick is to make it round a fork, ingenious! See Pinterest is not just for pinning pretty pictures, you can learn heaps of useful things.

This was my first try at soft toys and it did take me about six hours and a few moments of unpicking but I am really happy with the results. Bunny will be packed into a padded envelope and sent on her way, now I just need the next baby to be born ( due any day now) to make the next one. Then my cool aunty status should still be good for a while.

Have you ever made a soft toy, will you be giving this one a go? I think they would make great Easter gifts.

Well we are off for a flask of tea at the beach, the sun is shining and it is the weekend, perfect. Have a great weekend all, do you have any nice plans? ax