The Lesbian Lion

Project #14 Completed!

Finally, we end up with the hottest mess of them all! So.. Like I said, originally, I was going to make this a one piece dress, but I decided it's be fun to make it two pieces, because really.. You could add various colors under the black and white polka dots and try to make it work.

Luckily for me.. I already made a hott mess taffeta dress that I could use for under it.

Get ready..

Eeek! Hahah.. Well.. It was quite easy to make the top part. I'd say it costed.. $2.50-ish to make? And took at most 2-3 hours.. Probably less.

So yes.. It basically is a boobless and crotchless dress on it's own.. Hott! I'd probably rock that out.. Just wear a bra and underwear and make it work.. Gaga would do it!

Hahaha. I tried looking around for something else I made that I might use under it and couldn't find anything. So, for now.. I'm just going to keep it in mind, and see if anything that comes up might work better with it.

So, as for the sewing, much was the usual, but for the strap, I wanted it a bit more puffy, so I took a bunch of excess fabric and bunched it together and sewed it to give it that type of look. Also, for the shaping, I had to cut that out on the mannequin and then just sewed a clean edge.

There is also no zipper here, getting it tomorrow! But the back didn't look like such a mess like the other, so I just put it in.

Yeah, so.. This didn't work out.. But a more solid, neutral color might work under it.. The polka dots are a lot to take in.. And adding the taffeta is.. loud! But.. Dual use for that dress #13.. Plain or under things?

A LOOK INTO THE PAST:
Project #10: The fitting with Erica went great! Though, I need to make alterations because of this damn fabric and to make it as perfect as I can get.. It's not half bad! It helps that Erica works it outt. I was going to post a sneak peek preview.. But I almost want to wait until Friday, where she is going to wearing it to her gallery! Exciting! So I'll be working on that for the rest of the week.

A LOOK INTO THE FUTURE:
This three weeks of experimenting has got me down.. But I'm getting back to beauty! Ignore this, good for practice, bad for you guys. I just had to post these to show you I'm working on things and my 52 items are coming along! My next project has got me soo excited! If it comes out like the design, it's going to be retro fabulous! Dual uses will happen!

I'll announce that on Friday, probably! Until then!