The Lesbian Lion

#LFW - Menswear Trends We Need in A/W 2012

I love that London Fashion Week dedicates a day to solely menswear! I feel that menswear has never been better, and interest in it is increasingly growing steadily and heavily. Overall, I wouldn't say I was completely enthralled with what was offered at LFW in the Menswear department, but there are a few shows that are definitely worth a look:

James Long

MAN (First half)

Matthew Miller

Topman

These shows got me thinking about what it was that made them special to me. Why did I find them more appealing than the other shows? That's how I came up with the trends offered from LFW that we NEED in A/W 2012.

Heavy and Interesting Knits:

Topman

James Long

James Long

James Long

Black and Belted:

Topman

Topman

Topman

Touch of Bold Patterns:

MAN

MAN

Matthew Miller

Matthew Miller

Shiny Pants:

Topman


James Long

Along with the amazing trends from NYFW Menswear, I think these are also pretty effective and fun designs that I think could work in A/W. I loved Topman's mostly all black looks and their approach to masculinizing waist belts; I want! James Long also presented some awesome knits; I especially like pairing it with shiny leather-like pants. Matthew Miller really thought about his looks, and I think his pairing of solids and bold patterns makes it very commercial, while still being intriguing and fun. The first bit of MAN's presentation was so cool! (I want to say it was Agi & Sam's designs?) Bold patterns can really work in menswear when done appropriately, and it's a great way to mix a little color and interest in with subtler looks.

I'm sad #LFW is over, but wait.. Isn't Milan calling?

[All images courtesy of LONDONFASHIONWEEK ]