The Lesbian Lion

Project #17: Dyed Back Cut-Out Lace Dress

I've really been wanting to work with dyes lately, and I came up with a decent design to try it out on. It's a pretty simple dress, has all of the things I love in a dress, and it's hopefully going to be one of my favorite colors.

I love turtle neck designs, and a mixture of cold-wear with warm-wear, where a dress has long sleeves, yet is short on the legs. I also thought the back cut-out would be a pretty touch to it as well.

I've really wanted to work with lace again, just because it's pretty, so I thought it'd be the perfect fabric.

So, I bought blue and yellow dyes to hopefully concoct the perfect green.. I'm going for a nice dark turquoise.. you know, a nice warm, gem, pretty green.

I will try my best to have this done by Saturday, but since the end of the semester is rolling around, school work is at a high, and job searching has begun so I can successfully move to Philadelphia soon. But I still want to remain on track with these projects, so I will work hard!

As for future projects.. I may, again, be using my old fabrics to try to create things because I still have a ridiculous amount, and don't want to buy more fabric just to add to the clutter. We'll see.. I really want to revisit that purple floral fabric I used on the peplum jacket after seeing it on a TJ Maxx commercial.. I may do something ridiculous with it next week.

I'll keep you updated!