The Lesbian Lion

Project #15: Thick Strap Puff Hip Dress

I'm excited about this one! It will be in two parts. The entire look was first designed and inspired by '40's pin up models and retro bathing suits (because I love them):

[Image from: Stylehive.com]

Though this picture is a more modern version.. Something like that.. I love those!

So, yeah, I came up with a complete look that I'll show next week, but it involved a polka dot top (considering I still have a ton left!) I figured, why not just make that top into a dress and have it be a dual-use item.. Since I'm into using one item and making it work into many different outfits lately.

Not the most effective drawing, but I think it's going to be really cute. I love the thicker straps and hopefully I'll be able to execute the puff on the hip like I have it pictured in my mind. Add some pearls and class, and you're good to go!

This is just a classic, cute dress.. That I'm going to pair with some nice shorts next week!


Sewing starts tomorrow!

A LOOK INTO THE PAST:

Erica's gallery opening was yesterday! It went amazingly, and her work definitely stole the show.. No competition. So proud of her! Also, she looked amazing in my dress! I stayed up the night before and re-did the entire top because it was falling apart (probably due to poor original execution), and doing that really helped! The seams stuck together and fit her perfectly! Okay, I'll stop talking, if you haven't seen yet, look at her!:

So happy she wore it and hope she loved it as much as I did! Workkk.