The Lesbian Lion

Project #8 Completed!

This week was not productive at all in the beginning, but with two snow days, I was able to use the rest of my sweater fabric, and create another dress from those drawings.

[Sorry for my girl's lumps.. got some knobs on her..]

It's tamer from the previous, but I think it's classy and cute. It can be used as a shirt paired with jeans, or a short dress with some leggings.

I added the shoulder pieces last minute.. I thought they might be too much, but I think they give it something.. less boring.. And it's a signature of mine.. if not buttons, shoulder pieces! Haa.

I went with shorter sleeves primarily because I didn't have enough fabric, but I like them, and would add a tight long sleeved dark brown shirt under it.

As far as the turtleneck, this one definitely came out more like what I was looking for with the last sweater dress. It's more droopy and thick.

I think the slimming look came out okay.. You see, since the dark fabric sort of shades the hip area, you look similar, and all the focus goes to your.. assets.. Or so I'd like to think, haha.

The materials I used was:
- 2x1 Rib Knit Mushroom Fabric
- 2x1 Rib Knit Espresso Fabric

And guess what? No buttons on this! I was very close to putting some along the bottom, but I don't think it would have worked.

This dress was about $3.00 worth of materials. Luckily, with my snow day, I had enough time to make it yesterday. I spent about.. I'd say 4-5 hours on it. I think I could get away with selling it for $30.. I could live on $6/hr, right?

I made this one the standard way I make everything.. inside out pinning. How I did the outline shapes was to just pin all of the pieces of fabric together and try to get along a similar shape on each side, front and back. It's definitely not perfectly sewn patterns, but it's close. I'm think I may try to create patterns while I'm working, to use for different projects.. It may make things a lot easier since some of this is repetitive.. especially the measurements. For the turtleneck, it's similar to the sleeves.. just on a different spot. I used a lot more fabric for it, because I wanted it to be big.. I still wish it was bigger!

I'm still waiting for my fabric, it should be coming Friday.. And I may not be charged because of their late shipping.. That'd be amazing since it was a $50 value! I'll keep you posted on that.

*Update: Yeah, they charged me. Jinxed!*