The Lesbian Lion

Project #9: Swerve Puzzle Cardigan

Completely excited about this one! Not only because it is my first menswear item, but because I'm going to get to wear it! (Well, if it's sweet..) I knew I wanted to make a cardigan, but I didn't want it to be completely standard.

So I decided came up with an idea to have puzzle button-in design, and add some elbow pieces (I think..) If it comes out the way I see it in my head, I will be VERY happy to wear it!

The materials I'm going to be using are:
- 60" Leprechaun Green Rib Knit Fabric
- 21" Royal Blue Rib Knit Fabric*
- Buttons

[*Originally, I had ordered beige knit fabric for the trimming (which I still think would have worked much better for what I was looking for) but I have some extra blue fabric that I think will still work with the look]

So Leprechaun Green? Of course I'm making this for Scranton's Annual St. Patrick's Parade Day! Please.turn.out.right!

Everything but my waist fits my mannequin, so I'm going to have to try make that area a liiittle bit slouchy on her.

My fabric order came, and I'm pretty disappointed. Upon first looking at it, I'm not impressed and some things definitely don't look like I thought they might. ..But I've had that feeling before, and I just need to find the right projects to incorporate them. And it also took over a week for it to arrive.

Project starts tomorrow!