The Lesbian Lion

NYFW February 2010 Review

Well, this morning I finally got to do a little ranking of the designers at New York Fashion Week last week. I did a little tallying, and came up with my top 10 favorite designers of the week.
.

I suggest you look at the collections yourself at: http://www.mbfashionweek.com/newyork/fall2010/designersfashionweek.com/newyork/fall2010/designers

So, here's my list, along with my favorite design in the collection:

10. Monique Lhuillier

9. Vassilios Kostetsos

8. Alexandre Herchcovitch

7. Carlos Miele

6. Adam

5. Diane von Furstenburg (*Uses fur*)

4. Tadashi Shoji

3. Milly by Michelle Smith (*Uses fur*)

2. Cynthia Steffe (*Uses fur*)

1. Carolina Herrera (*Uses fur*)

While I was underwhelmed with most designers, the top 3 surpassed them by far! I loved so much of their designs, so classy and so fun! All of these designers listed had a really good showing.. But after them.. Not much else was for me.

Although I realize all of the pictures I put up are small dresses, haha, but I think my favorite trends that will be coming are fierce turtlenecks, ponchos, capes, and some pretty patterns.

My top 3 WORST designers were:
3. Diesel Black Gold - not a fan of denim other than jeans
2. Richard Chai - don't understand the clothes he paired together, and very plain
1. BCBGMaxAzria - completely ridiculous, basically threw fabric on the models & put them on the runway
.

[I do want to say, I hate the use of fur, but there are a few designers in here who do use it, but I'm just going to look strictly at the design, and realize faux fur could be substituted on a good design. *Support these designers* ]