The Lesbian Lion

APC - French Style To Love Forever

Hello my loves, so I've been thinking about eternal style as I reach for the same old tired dresses again, and again. When the weather is boiling (as it is now) comfort and coolness are my number one priority along with wanting to look good. Enter the uniform, I think on some level we all have a uniform, those styles and looks we go for time and time again, when we don't want to think too hard about what to wear. Mine is rather basic but it is there, only the pieces are old and not looking as good as they once did. I have decided to invest a bit more in these items, as they work so hard. I will of course high street it for those fun bits we all need to stop us getting bored, bored, bored.

Enter A.P.C. the French clothing store, that has great timeless pieces in great fabrics. There online store is a good one and simply set out with a current sale on.

APC

APC by dragonflylifestyle featuring flat shoes

I love dresses for ease and this range in cotton and silk would work hard in my wardrobe and not look dated a few years down the line, a classic ballet pump will never just sit in the back of a wardrobe.

APC

APC by dragonflylifestyle featuring A.P.C. blouses

Shirts and t's in silk, cotton and fine Merino wool will allow many chic looks to be pulled together. I am in LOVE with the gorgeous navy leather skirt, a classic shape and not too short if your little like me and could be worn all year round, plus it is on sale at the moment....Oh be still my heart.

APC

APC by dragonflylifestyle on polyvore.com

These items are forever pieces and I have a few in wardrobe already, classic dark and white jeans, a trench and good leather pieces in tan or navy. A little too warm for now but add all this together and you have a great basic wardrobe that will see you though anything. I have stuck to my colours for the mix and match quality, which I think is at the heart of a strong wardrobe, just imagine adding a cherry red scarf, a kelly green belt or spots and stripes. Styling and accessories are where you can go mad with colour, pattern and texture.

So what do you think, will you build a strong core wardrobe with me? What would be your picks for the basic colours? Plus any good stores you can introduce me too, yes J. Crew but I'd love more.

I hope your all have fun things planned for the weekend, with a little time for lolling around at the beach, pool or in the back garden. Well it IS summer after all. Enjoy my darlings. ax

All images - A.P.C. via my Polyvore