The Lesbian Lion

#NYFW - February 12th Review

Another day, another great showcase! Some of my favorite shows of the season definitely happened yesterday; undeniably gorgeous!

Giulietta:

Probably my favorite collection so far. If I could create a dream womenswear collection right now, it'd probably be close to this. Reminds me of pilgrim chic and the best of 60s mod. I loved the collars; so whimsical with such strength. I found the girls daring and strong with an ethereal sensibility. Other than totally not understanding the last look, it was just about perfection.

Catherine Malandrino:

I appreciated this collection because I feel like she really tried things; great color, and great experimentation with sheers. It had a touch of the necessary leather and fur; it seemed like a successful project with specific themes. She plainly had fun with it! There may be a sense of discontinuity with some classic dresses and original sheer creations, but I haven't seen this all before!

Tommy Hilfiger:

The master of beautifully structured pieces really shined this season. So beautiful! You can't go wrong with yellow leather or flat collars. There was a strong equestrian elegance. I liked his experimentation of mixing materials (another trend); leather and suedes, soft with hard. Some meh prints and some pretty belted dresses with statement coats. Each design had something unique to offer and he wasn't relying on one trick. If this is what women are wearing in the fall, I can't wait!

Honorable Mentions:

Kevork Kiledjian – Award for best fur coat and amazing red leather pants goes to… KK! Though not entirely unique, there are certainly some strong looks.

Tracy Reese – Great BOLD mix of fun prints with shine and matte. And those shoes!

Tribune Standard – Overall, interesting! I loved the jumpsuit mixed with a leather skirt, so photographical and the colors are so rich.

Did anybody else feel like Victoria Beckham underwhelmed? I was disappointed.

I'll say it again.. Let me know YOUR favorites? ;)


[All images courtesy of STYLE.COM]