The Lesbian Lion

#NYFW - February 11th Review

Another strong showing yesterday! Such tough choices have to be made, but these really spoke to my personal preferences and design style;

Hervé Léger by Max Azria:

Seriously? He does it again. Apparently, I am in love with Azria this NYFW! This time, he's working with equestrian fierceness. Love the structure, love the interesting leather cut outs, love the waist accentuation, just stunning knockout dresses! And who doesn’t enjoy a good fur sleeve? Oh, and I want the boots!

Ruffian:

Obviously, I'm a sucker for strong coats. Rock your tweed! Reminds me of a 40s lady detective. She'd obviously solve every crime. Great bold colors, with a mix of fall plaids. I can see this woman on the way to work, as well as what she’ll wear in the office – and she’s pretty much the coolest girl there!

Wes Gordon:

I'm not going to lie, I had to google Wes Gordon; who is this guy? I think I'm in love! When I saw that amazing red coat to the floor.. I was done for. He show structure and light/airy in the best possible lights. I still say that not everything seemed like the same customer would wear it, but who cares? The pieces are all strong! Day time, night time, bold colors; so nice! I can just imagine the colors against the white snow... Dreamy!

Honorable Mentions:

Band of Outsiders – Some decent menswear here! Worth a look; I’d definitely buy a few things!

Christian Cota – Amazing prints, variety, interesting drape, fur, perfect color palate

Rachel Zoe – It all is beautifully commercial with some stand out pieces; buy it right off the runway!

Just a note: I'm so excited that people from other countries are able to view my blog! Thank you Blogger.com Stats! I hope you're enjoying my coverage. I'd love to hear what you guys are feeling, and what your favorite shows have been so far!

Be back tomorrow!

[All images courtesy of STYLE.COM]