The Lesbian Lion

D.I.Y Time - Child's Bunting Tote Bag

Hello my lovelies, I hope you all had a jolly Easter, with just a hint of chocolate. I am off to the UK next week to see my family and finally get a cuddle with those new babies, so excited. Whilst on Skype with the family and showing my niece (3) the Little Bunny I had made, I asked what she would like and was told "I really need a handbag" haha defiantly a girl from our family. So I had a think and this is what I cam up with.

I used this tutorial from Craft Snob and this one from Diary of a Quilter both are simply put together and have a lining. I cut up some old jeans for the bag itself and then had some fun with the decorating.

I used a stiff gingham for the lining and scraps for the flags, I think the fraying adds to its charm. I am a big fan of bunting and have been waiting to try it out for ages. So fun and cheery.

So what do you think, will she like it? I hope so, I need to keep my lovely aunty crown! I really enjoyed making this and have got my sewing bug back, time to break out some of those vintage dress patterns I think.

See you all soon. ax