The Lesbian Lion

Christmas Decoration Idea

Whilst reading the great blog almalus place yesterday I saw these wonderful balls. I have seen them used for weddings and as lanterns and they always look amazing. With Christmas just around the corner I thought these would be make wonderful decorations. You can find the whole tutorial here at Ruffled. They have used balloons but I was thinking for small tree decorations a tennis ball or ping pong ball would be ideal (cover the tennis ball in cling film first).

Sorry I have just thought that using the balls will not work as you can not take them out afterwards! Oh silly me! Just use small balloons and do not blow them up to much. hehe its always a live and learn life.

Then it is just a case of painting, metallic paints would look great and you can never have to much glitter. Ribbon or string could be used to attach them to the tree, or just fill a large bowl and use as table decorations. Once you start thinking about it the uses are endless!

Our tree is usually decorated with silver and white decorations but last year I added lots of brightly coloured feather butterflies that we had used at our wedding. It was lovely to use them again and the bright pops of colour worked really well. The colours are similar to those used as table decorations on the above photo. I think these lovely snowballs are going to make a wonderful addition to our Christmas décor.

This weekend if I can get all the ingredients together to make these I will give it a go. I will get back to you with the finished results. Has anyone else got any Christmas crafts on the go?

Happy weekend everyone.