The Lesbian Lion

Vintage Patterns

I am a huge fan of Etsy and am currently wading through all the great vintage patterns you can find on there. So far I have brought five and have made one very basic beach dress. The projects waiting to happen are just waiting for the perfect fabric to appear. I thought I would share my finds with you and maybe inspire some home sewing in you.

I must admit that I have just brought a cape from Zara, as finding good wool, cashmere fabric can be expensive and I really did want one.

The dress in the centre is very similar to a Fendi dress from this winter's collection.

I will say before you buy any patterns that the sizing is very different from what is in the stores today. I am an 8 or 34 usually, but I have had to buy patterns in a size 16! Yes, your mum and gran were really that small. So bite the bullet and measure yourself first.

I am working on a fun sewing project at the moment, which I will document and share with you when it is finished, so watch this space. Happy sewing.

Images, Zara and Fendi.