The Lesbian Lion

Projects #20, #21, #22 Completed!

I know, I'm completely behind! Life has been ridiculous.. Planning a move, finding a job, gathering for an apartment, etc.. So, I've been falling deeper and deeper into a pit of behind-ness. So this week, I decided to try to make 3 different garments in 3 days to catch up! And I did it!

The first is some leggings. I have a bunch of fabric lying around and have been thinking of what to do with it. So, I decided to pair some black lace, over gold taffeta to make some sort of look. I know they aren't practical, due to the nature of the fabrics, but I think they look kind of cool.. and with the right outfit, could be very interesting.

The next is a one shoulder dress. I wanted to try something different with a dress.. that wasn't with sleeves, without sleeves.. But both! So, I came up with this little one shoulder number. I think it comes off a little dark and heavy with the fabric, but in the light can be really pretty. I added a little fringing aspect to the top, with the inside-out fabric facing out. I thought it needed something above the fabric because it's a pretty generic design.

The last is a simple spring dress. I found this fabric on sale while out shopping and wanted to try something fun with it. At first, I was thinking more bathing suit inspired shirt, but I wanted to do a bit of cropping at the shoulders and try something new. So, I did just that! It's quite bright, but I still enjoy it. I really want to see it on the body. I added fringes on this one too, and it comes off on the shoulder a bit as a little cap, which I thought was cute. I didn't have enough fabric to make it more flowy on the bottom, which was disappointing. (This design looks much better in person.. Hard to get the fabric in the right light on film.)

Also, with the last two designs, I added a side seam zipper instead of the back one, which I normally do. It's MUCH easier, and much easier to conseal, so I'm definitely sticking with that method (though invisible zippers are expensive).

That's all the time I have, I'll try to do something similar next week before I pack! I'm leaving July 10th for Philadelphia!