The Lesbian Lion

Project #16 Completed!

I made shorts! I'm really rushing on this post, but I wanted to get it up while I could, since I'll be in NYC all day.

I'm pretty decently happy with these, especially for a first try. They're not earth-shattering or anything, but, hey! Also, they're navy.. I photographed in dull light. The pictures really don't do them enough justice.. Also, it's hard to tell when they're not on a body, but my mannequin doesn't have a good bottom shape. I'll be seeing my sister next weekend and I'm definitely making her try them on.

First note, buttons are expensive.. I'm getting over that aspect of things. The fabric was cheap, but the total cost was $9.00. The amount of time to make these wasn't nearly as long as I'd thought it'd be. It took, probably, around 2-3 hours.

How I made them was the way I said I would originally. I put the four different pieces along the hips and butt of the mannequin, and sewed up the whole sides, and then I sewed half of the connection between the front and back pieces. Then I connected those underneath, sewed together some leg holes, added a zipper, and then worked on the buttons and back pockets! That's about it.. I'm just really curious to see how the fit is. I may add seam pockets on the side if the fit is right, but I didn't want to if it wasn't, because I'd have to take them out anyway. This was my first patch pocket, and I love them.. Very easy to get the shape, and just sew it right on.

So, I will keep you updated on these shorts.

They don't match the polka dots, haha, but it's okay.. I like them anyway. I'll post a picture of them together tomorrow when I announce my next project, just so you can get an idea of what I was going for.

Speaking of my next project, I'm soo excited! I'll give you a hint, it'll be my first time working with dyes.

With love from the Upper West Side (I'm going to the Met), I hope you enjoy!