The Lesbian Lion

Project #11 Completed!

Ahh, it's wonderful what a little break can do for your sewing. So, I finished this little dress early, so I figured I'd just put it up. Umm.. I think I feel this is the best design drawing to actual construction garment that I've made, as well as my best technical construction. I finally feel like this could be sold and looks close to legit.

I would like a bit of a thicker belt, but apparently no one in this house owns a nice belt. So, I had to use my ghetto one.

I think it's really cute, and I know it may look short, but, I did that to try to elongate the girl's legs. I think it's long enough to not have to wear leggings or something underneath, but we'll see. My sister will definitely be trying this on this weekend.

The fabric is a bit flashy, but I think it could be perfect for Easter and Spring! Perfect since we're so close to the season.

There was a bit of change in the construction because of how I wanted it to fit, so I had to add 6 small buttons.. So it cost about $6.50 to make, and about 4-5 hours to make? I don't even know why I add that because I honestly don't even know. I would probably sell this for $30.

So how did I make it? Again, it is in two parts. The top was standard with two top panels cut out and a back sewed together. Then I added the sleeves. I added a wrist cuff on the end of the sleeves.. And I really didn't have much problems in attaching the sleeves, which is a good thing! That means I'm getting better! Umm.. Then I went with the bottom skirt.. I made it a large width so I could put a few pleats along the back and front. (About 9 to be exact.) I sewed that on, and made a slit down the front and added buttons so it could easily go on and off the body. Finally, I cut out some ruffles by cutting out a flow-y pattern with two layers (well, at first I had three.. but I thought it was too much), and I sewed them on with overlap. And.. I guess that's about it. Oh, and I added a button on the ruffles, so if you want to be more slutty, the v-neck can go further down.

I also decided to put up a picture without the belt, because I don't think you absolutely need one.. It can work on it's own.

Let me know what you think! Unsure what my next project will be, but I'm thinking pockets should be coming up soon!