The Lesbian Lion

Parade Day Project Proposal

It's really weird to be doing another one of these posts; I haven't in way too long! It brings me back!

So, it's almost time for my favorite day of the year: Parade Day in Scranton! I kind of made it a tradition to make something to wear for the past two years, so I might as well carry it on!

This year is a little different, however, because I won't be making the garment for myself! I decided to be the best person ever and make it for Jack! Here is the quick sketch I surprise him with :

(Yes, it is on the fridge..)

I'm really into playing with stripes lately, so I decided that was where I wanted to go with it.

Unlike any of my other designs, I wanted to try to make patterns. So, using my textbook for class, I was able to draft basic fronts and backs given Jack's measurements.

From there, I had to figure out how to cut each piece just right so it will all match to the middle. There is a center seam on both the front and back and a seam going just above the waist so I could create this pattern with a simple striped fabric. I found cutting each piece one at a time, and then using it to get the right match up on each side of the next piece was the best way to go.

The fabric isn't as bright of a green as I thought it might be, so it really kind of reminds me of the Knights of the Roundtable, but whatever, I'm going with it! Fabric.com also disappointed me because I ordered a solid green for the sleeves and they somehow sold it out (even though I already ordered it.. WTF.) So, I had to try and find some here; and I failed. Instead, I'm using a light gray for the sleeves and hood.

I have the sleeve pattern drafted and the body all sewn up. It came out fairly well, I'm pretty proud! Just need to cut my sleeves out, sew and install them and then tackle the hood (which I've never sewn ever.) But how hard could that be?

I'm glad I have no time for life, yet I'm spending all of my time doing this.

I'm hoping to finish it today or tomorrow because I start working on 3rd shift tomorrow night. Can't wait, ugh! My blog will probably be ignored during that time, but I'll try to maintain it. I've really enjoyed getting back on here!

I'll let you know how it comes out ASAP!!! And you let me know what you think!