The Lesbian Lion

Projects 28 & 29 : Mini Poncho Dress & Mini Poncho Jacket

I am completely torn with my latest project. Originally, I had a dress drawn up with this design.. But I realized I've created so many dresses lately, and that I'd like to branch out a bit. So I thought that a jacket might really work with the fabric I have. And then I thought, well.. the dress is still interesting, and something I've never really done before.. So it might work. Then, I really liked the idea of having an interesting jacket to pop on the streets.. And so, well, here I am!
I'm making both of them! I measured everything out, and I should have enough fabric for each design.
I'm behind anyway, so I might as well just go for a two-fer. It's like a [very] mini collection?
Collection designs :

Let's talk about these designs!
First off, I've realized how poorly drawn most of my designs are, I mean, I'm not a great drawer, but I'm going to try a little harder to have my sketches be more real, and try to exemplify what I'm trying to create in the garment. Everything is a work-in-progress with me.
Secondly, the colors I'm using are red and brown, which are very autumn-ish to me. I know a trend for the fall is capes/ponchos (which I've always LOVED), so I tried to make a little spin off of that with an interesting dress and jacket.
I don't like giving away too much with these announcement posts, so there's just a taste of what's to come!
A NOTE ABOUT THE FUTURE:
Some people have asked me about selling some of my projects. Selling, right now, I'm just not comfortable with. I'm not exactly sure how wearable some of these looks are, and I'd die if someone paid for it and it fell apart a day later (though I'm sure it won't). Once I feel comfortable enough, I'd like to at least open an Etsy store!
Contests, however, may be in the near future! I just feel bad about that one because I'm very broke and can't afford more dressforms to accommodate more sizes. I'm stuck with an extra-small dressform that will fit sizes around 0-4. I mean, I can try it and see what happens. I'm going to make it a creative one, for sure! Look out for it, I'll make plenty of announcements.
Anyway, off to the sewing board!