The Lesbian Lion

Citrus Inspiration

Citrus. I have never worn lime green with gold before this outfit and I must say, I'm digging this color combination. The color lime is fabulous on its own but with shiny gold accents, it takes on a new level of freshness. Fruity, gilded, and casually chic, this is going to be one of my go-to looks from now on. Yes, summer has come to and end but I'm a believer in that its colors are not! Colder weather on the way? No white after labor day? No thanks, I'll throw on a white blazer and bottoms, I'll be keeping my bright lime green too!

This necklace I'm in love with. I purchased it a month or so ago back at H&M and I've worn it quite a lot since then. It's simple and totally modern but pairs nicely with my feminine, classic wardrobe. I'm kicking myself for not getting it in silver too, I've already have a few occasions where it would have been perfect! It's just so versatile! I'm wearing it here with a cotton tank but it can also be dressed up with a filmy chiffon dress or a light button down in pretty much any color. The options for this necklace are endless and I'm loving it! You'll be seeing this chic accessory again. I also need to mention these shoes! Simple and sophisticated nude pumps from Steve Madden. These Unityy pumps are seriously the most comfortable heels I've ever worn while still looking fabulous! I absolutely love these shoes!

As you might be able to tell from a lot of my previous posts, I'm a big fan of outfits with contrast, be it with different styles or with colors. Here, I chose a bright, citrus-y green to pair with stark white. As you can see, the bright color really pops against the whites (like most colors do!) and it gives the outfit more visual interest. You could also wear a neutral underneath the blazer for a more toned down look but the bright colors make the look more fun!

Blazer: XXI, Necklace and Bracelet: H&M, Tank: Old Navy,
Shorts: Celebrity Pink, Shoes: Steve Madden

I have some exciting news everyone! I have officially finished my first YouTube video! I know I have been talking about it for over a month but I've finally had enough time to complete it! Check it out and let me know what you think!