The Lesbian Lion

The Little Black Dress

It's date night and once again I'm left standing in front of my closet, pondering the perfect outfit. So many questions run through your head when you're making this decision: Where am I going? What am I going to be doing? What is the atmosphere going to be like? How far am I going to have to walk in these heels?! And so on. For tonight I chose a sophisticated classic, the Little Black Dress (LBD). A lacey mid-thigh length number that never fails, you can dress it up with a pair of pumps and shimmering accessories or dress it down with wedges and an over-sized neutral bag. Here, I decided to dress it up with glossy nude pumps and black and gold accessories. The black and gold color combination is probably my favorite, metallics always compliment the midnight hue so well! These earrings I absolutely love, they're my most recent H&M purchase and I cannot wait to wear them again! Nude pumps make the look lady-like and sleek and the statement jewelry really draws attention (as does the LBD's silhouette). I figured this would be the perfect ensemble for an Italian dinner out with the beau, his favorite!