The Lesbian Lion

#PFW - March 6th Review

Alexander McQueen:

How could any “Best of” list be complete without including Alexander McQueen? I LOVE this collection, and I’m not just saying that because it’s one of my favorite fashion houses. So many of the shows this season are more commercial and wearable straight from the runway, but in true McQueen style, they decided to go in a more dramatic direction! So stunning and cool. It’s all about fluff; let’s say futurism meets the past created in the present! The textiles are a mix between furs, wools, and light fabrics, but all are used to create really interesting looks with a ridiculous amount of silhouettes. I don’t know what else to say but to just view it!

Jean Charles De Castelbajac:

Tons and tons of interesting garments make this collection one of the most unique of the season! I love the prints and color blocking made prints that make up the bulk of these designs. It’s so interesting and pretty! There’s plenty of quirk in the designs but still tasteful enough to be cool! There’s definitely a bird inspiration involved, and I love the ideas of how it was incorporated into the clothing; with both quirk and class! Geometrics and graphics are what make this collection so great, and I think de Castelbajac is a master at this! Quirky cool fashion!

Valentino:

Valentino’s collection is definitely a worth while show! It has great uses of both solids and prints and plenty of leather used in creative and fun ways! I love the uptight and European feel I get from this collection, and I think it’s very conservative, but still having a tasteful amount of body in it. A conservative modern woman!

Honorable Mention:

Chanel – I kind of hated the beginning of this show, but it progresses into something really cool, colorful, cozy, and interesting!

[All images courtesy of FASHIONISING]