The Lesbian Lion

#LFW - February 17th Review

I've decided I'm going to continue these mini-reviews as long as I have time (although, I really don't ;) ) It's fun for me to see what other designers are doing and it continues my knowledge about the industry. I'm excited for what London Fashion Week is going to offer!

Bora Aksu:

Super cute with a punch; love the gray/pink pairing and the almost embroided look of the pieces. Some pretty sheer cut outs; though the pattern is distracting, the great colors used make up for that fact and it gives the cutely made clothes an edge.

Felder Felder:

Pretty autumn palate, with some metallics thrown in for good measure. It almost feels a bit Californian; interesting patterns, almost like playing with headlights. It has some good variety; interesting sequin work and braid work; good elements to take what could be ordinary, and making it special.

Willow:

Mostly dark with some whites; strong looks. It interestingly matches girly design and tough girl all in one. Some interesting bold line patterns. I like the skirt/dress length variety, as well as the great pant cuts. Mystery ensues!

Honorable Mention:

Fyodor Golan - If you’re into high drama, there are gorgeous statement pieces; but it feels a bit unfocused

Should be another great round of clothing from amazing designers around the world! There goes my end-of-NYFW blues!

[All images courtesy of STYLE.COM & LONDONFASHIONWEEK]