The Lesbian Lion

Sewing Update

You may all be wondering what happened to the pant suit that you all chose for me to make. So here is the update as I have had some issues...

The pants were a wizz (all that worry for nothing) and the tunic top was going along great guns until the last hem.

As you can see from the pattern it should have a curved hem and I could not get that right, so decided after looking at it and re pinning it two hundred times that a straight edge would be fine. On pressing the straight hem my crazy hot iron melted the fabric (time for a new iron I think)! The tunic hem is now a little short, so I thought that maybe a double thick band would look good to lengthen and finish the tunic, luckily I have plenty of fabric left. I also have the same fabric in navy blue and thought that would look good also. So now I am stuck and can't make up my mind.

I am off home to see my family next week (yippee), so I have decided to take it with me and rope my mum into helping me finish it. Sometimes you need a fresh pair of eyes and help to make changes when you are actually wearing the garment.

This is how it looked on day two, all finished except that last pesky hem and the matching sash belt. I am really happy with the look and feel very Coco Chanel in the South of France. What do you think?

This is the close up of the pretty trim zip that I decided to use, and it is so much easier to attach them on the outside of a garment. I decided to give you all the update as it has been sitting there for weeks now and driving me mad. Hopefully we should have the finished look with me in it, in a few weeks time. Thanks for your patience and I am onto the next project now so two finished looks to come. What sewing projects have you got on the go at the moment and do you ever get stuck? Do you move on to the next or stay and finish the project?

Have a wonderful weekend my friends. ax