The Lesbian Lion

Dream Curls

I am a big fan of curls and have been happily using my heated rollers since my natural curl disappeared, but they are really not good for travelling. So what is a girl to do, well I came across the most genius and old school idea yesterday and after trying it out (it so works) I thought I would share with you.

image: Carrie Bond Want curls like this?

image

Curls like these can be your ladies with no heat and very little time in the morning as you do this before bed and sleep in comfort, then wake up fabulous. There is a full tutorial here but I will tell you on a few steps with some hints that will make it easier. So you start with clean, 80% dry hair, brush and put your parting in. Take an elastic head band, thicker is better as I still had the mark on my forehead come lunchtime (not so chic). Place on your head flapper style, so it goes across your forehead, then take a sections of your hair and wrap it over the band, do this on both sides until you get to the back. It is a rather cute up do and comfortable for sleeping. In the morning take the band out gently and smooth your curls to your desired look.

All done and that easy. I did take some photos for you but after a mozzy attack in the night I woke with two swollen eye lids and one completely closed, really not a pretty site....But my hair looks fabulous and has lasted with bouncy curls all day. This is probably something your gran used to do and it is so simple with no heat damage.

Until my eyes go back to normal I will refrain from sharing any photos of myself with you, you would thank me. So no What I Wore this week but a bumper edition next week as I have some cute looks up my sleeves.

So go forth and curl my lovelies and watch out for those mozzy's. ax