The Lesbian Lion

Pajama Style

This was my first post and 98 posts later it is still holding true. I take part in "WIWW" in order to get dressed but I love my pj's, the problem is the flannel, miss matched mess I end up looking. It does not need to be this way though, woman have worn pj's for many years and not just in bed. We have "Beach Pajamas" and "Hostess Pajamas" where woman added some great bangles and lipstick and were good to go. So I have decided that as I will never give up my pajama habit, I might as well glam those babies up...

Two examples of some very stylish ladies wearing their pj's in public and very chic they look too.

A 1930's pattern for Kichenette Pajamas and some linen lovelies from Toast.

Emerson of Emersonmade looking amazing (and inspirational) in India recently.

This amazing dress from Rick Owens.

And this beautiful dream from Etro... I can see me lounging around in these very easily.

Let us not forget the classic djellaba which was made for such things and this one is from Toast.

Now in my dreams it would be the silk Etro dress and silk or fine cotton pajama sets, but in the real world I am dragging the sewing machine out again, hunting out some classic patterns and hopefully finding some cheap but soft cotton to make them all up in. Then I will add a slash of bright lipstick, some bangles that gangle and have you all round for cocktails on the terrace. What do you think ladies, can I get away with this if done with a smile? Plus any sewing or pattern tips for me to fulfil my 1930's pajama dreams?

What era do you dream in, or is it a movie that haunts your clothes dreams? Come on share, you never know they may come true.

Happy lounging in style today ladies. ax

Images: via Pinterest, sorry no source, dustjacket attic Decades of Style, Toast, Emerson made, fashion gone rogue, net-a-porter and Toast